Friday, May 6, 2016

Last Week at the MTC

Oh boy, I don't even remember what happened this week, so sorry in advance if this email is crappy. And we are going to temple in a bit, so I gotta make it snappy. Anywho it's my last week at the CCM, I guess i've been out for more then a month now which is pretty weird, but at the same time it feels like i've been here for decades. I got all of my travel information this week, I leave on Monday the 9th at 2:30 am :). And apparently we are flying. I guess I have mixed feeling about leaving, I'm happy to leave the MTC and get into the real action, but at the same time the real action is kind of scary, I mean these are real people we are talking about, and this, the message of gospel it´s eternal life, the salvation of mankind. Serious business. We watched this video on sunday called how great a possession and in the video Parley P. Pratt said something like this: I do not think I would give up my knowledge of the Book of Mormon for any legal agreement of all the land, farms, or houses in the world. Something like that. I think a lot of the time we take what we have for granted. Or at least I do, the Book of Mormon contains the fulness of the gospel of Jesus Christ, how many people who have and will live will ever even get the opportunity to know who their Savior is, let alone the fulness of his Gospel. I dunno, but I do. So as someone who knows this, it's my duty to share it. And even though I'm probably a crappy teacher, and my Spanish isn't good, I know the Lord will help me, and even if they don't listen, at least I shared it. Anyways this was another good week, nothing special really happened, it was fast Sunday this week and they close the cafeteria for 2 meals, dinner and breakfast, then they opened it again for lunch and I'm pretty sure for the first time since I've been here they ran out of food, haha. We also had a devotional on tuesday, yesterday, and I said the closing prayer, in front of all the Latinos, como se dice nailed it. Other than that it's been the same, The Spanish I've learned here at the MTC doesn't seem like much but the other day I was looking at this list of like 50 verbs in the back of a book we had, and the first week I didn't know any of them, but now I know all of them, wa hoo. I can talk pretty goodish about the Gospel and follow along to most of what people are saying, I can get the jist. This next week should be interesting, I'll let yall know how it goes. Have a great week
Love
Elder Güep



No comments:

Post a Comment