Monday, May 30, 2016

Hola y'all

Hola yall,
Now that I've been here for 3 weeks I'm pretty sure I'm fluent. Haha, Anyways this week was pretty good, it was a little slow, and a lot of people weren't home but it's all good. Pretty much all I did this week was sweat a lot. On tuesday- friday I'm pretty sure we were being cooked alive. Apparently the rainy season is supposed to start in June, so maybe that will be better, but it will probably just be really humid. On tuesday we had our exciting district meeting as usual, and my companion the district leader decided it would be a good idea to do the district meeting in English. So I gave the spirtual thought (since everyone else is latino and can't say anything) and it was weird, I couldn't say anything, what's happening to me, I can't speak english or spanish. Needless to say, the only english action lasted for about 10 minutes.Oh ya, I don't know if it's the same in other missions, but here in aguascalientes the white people learn spanish, and the native speakers learn english, nice.
Anyways, on wednesday, we found a new invertigator, Pedro and had a very interesting lesson with him, he talked for about 15 minutes about his beliefs, he had all these crazy ideas, he said we're all the same spirit, babies come from the food we eat, reincarnation, all this crazy stuff and I was just sitting there like, huh. And after he finished I looked at my companion and the first thing he said was hermano, all of this is false, none of this is real. And he just sat there for a second, then was just like ok. We gave him a book of mormon and when we came back he read a bunch of stuff and understood pretty good, he's coming around.
We also have a baptism this Saturday, the investigators name is Gabina, she's around 60 years old. She understands the doctrine very well, and is awesome. Other than that the rest of our investigators are new, or not progressing. We also had stake conference this weekend, it was pretty good the area 70 for this area was there, and our mission president also came for the Sunday session. Speaking of, this transfer is our mission presidents last, on the 20th of June we get a new mission president. I met him in the Mtc, he was really nice and seems like he will be a great mission president. I don't know why, but it feels like I'm in a time warp here, this week went by so fast, but looking back it seems like it was a long time ago, I could use some more time everyday, there's just not enough time to do anything. Like writing these emails.
Quick thought, so we have been teaching a lot of lessons about prayer, and I've been doing a lot of praying lately. At the end of each lesson we always intive the investigator to pray. It's really cool when someone prays for the first time in a long time or just for the first time. Our Heavenly Father wants to hear from his children, I don't know how to describe it, but when someone prays for the first time with real intent, there's a really sweet Spirit. Our Heavenly Father loves us so much, he has all knowledge and all power and he invites us wimpy humans to pray to him, about everything, everything. I would just invite everyone to pray to the Lord always. I don't remember who said it, but one of the apostles was asked, how many times do you pray a day, and the apostle replies once, when he wakes up he begins his prayer and it lasts all throughout the day until he goes to bed. I hope everyone has a fabolous week
Love
Elder Webb

No comments:

Post a Comment