Tuesday, February 27, 2018

T minus 2

Hello all,
This has been another good week. It was pretty average nothing too exciting happened. I've been trying to work hard to leave the area in good shape. This week we found a few new investigatores with a lot of potencial. This week we also had a few family home evenings with a few members and some new investigatores as well, so that was pretty good. One of the family home evenings was with sweet little Sister Ovalle. She's like the Grandma of the missionaries, and she had invited a bunch of people to come, but as usual almost no one showed up. But the next door neighbors, who are kids, came, and we taught them the plan of salvation and everything was great. And today Sister Ovalle told us that those kids have been coming over to he house to learn more about the church.
Sister Rebeca has not been progressing too much. She says she hasn't received an answer to know that the Book of Mormon is true, and this Sunday we were going to fast with her but she didn't make it out, so who knows what happened.
This week we had a funny experience with a less active. He shared with us the parable of the lost sheep and told us here in Pabellon it's the opposite. There's only one sheep in the fold and the 99 are lost, I couldn't help but laugh, then we sorely rebuked him and told him to get back on the old ship zion, haha just kidding.
Tomorrow is the all exciting "ultimo testimonio" in the zone conference, so I'd like to share my testimonio with you. It feels weird to almost be done, I can't believe or imagine that I'll be out in the real world, and that I won't be a full time missionary. But all of that doesn't really matter, because my name tag is written on my heart forever. The commitment to serve the Lord and his children is a commitment for my whole life. If you'd ask me what is the most important lesson I've learned here I would say that I've learned and come to know that Jesus is the Christ, the Savior of the world, and that this is His church. I know it's true, for I have felt the confirmation from the Holy Ghost again and again. Every single doctrine and principle in this church is true, the Book of Mormon is the word of God, and Joseph Smith translated it by the power of God and sealed his life and testimony with his blood. I know the Lord loves me and has helped me to learn and grow, because he's put me in the best circumstances to have learning experiences and become a little bit more like his son Jesus Christ. And I always want Him to know that I love Him too, I always want Him to be able to count on me. In the name of Jesus Christ. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment