Tuesday, January 30, 2018

Rompimos la racha

Oh Pabellon, Pabellon, "great city which has fallen, how oft have I gathered you as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and have nourished you! Oh ye people of the house of Israel who have fallen, yea, Oh ye people that dwell in Pabellon, yea how oft would I have gathered you as a hen gathereth her chickens, and ye would not!"
Well another great week has passed by, when I opened my email there was an email from Presidente "week 1 of your last transfer" (Elder Webb wipes a tear away). Yep so I'm in my last transfer how exciting. Anyway, so this week was filled with all kind of action, on Tuesday was the always exciting meeting for new missionaries. We had to get up here in Pabellon at like 5 to arrive on time to the meeting that started at 8. But the good news is that hot cakes and eggs were provided, so it wasn't all in vain. So that was good, then on Wednesday was the district meeting, I have long since been released from my duties as district leader, and the district meetings are so much more enjoyable again.
Then the other days were all dedicated to the preparation for Jose's baptism, then on Saturday was the big day, I was worried that no one was going to show up, but then a less active family came and later the branch president showed up with his family, and the other missionaries that did the interview stayed too, so it was pretty well attended. Jose is a great guy, on Saturday my companion bautized him. It was his first time- how awesome! And on Sunday I was able to confirm him a member of the church. The power of God is always made manifest through the sacred ordinances of the gospel of Jesus Christ. The Lord has power to take away sin and make one clean again, what a blessing!
I would send more but this thing is dang slow.. I'll show the other photos to yall in 6 weeks
Love Elder Webb

No comments:

Post a Comment