Thursday, January 4, 2018

¿2018?!

Where are the flying cars? Where are the people living on the moon? Where's the end of the world? I was lied to as a child...by now we should be time traveling and flying into the rainbow. What a sham! But the good news is, there's always next year. :) I remember when Kendall and I were wee little lads, we were reading some magazine and there was an article about futuristic cars with their futuristic release dates. There was like a hover car, this train that looked like a centipede and like a rolling motorcycle, and all the release dates were like 2015, 2018, 2016 y por allí.. I don't know how it's looking in the United States, but there's definitely none of that action here in Mexico.
Oh well, I remember when I was a wee little lad, I also planned to come home from my mission in 2018, so at least something came true. 2017 was a pretty awesome year, and 2018 looks pretty promising too. My goals for this year are pretty simple, read the Book of Mormon everyday, pray every day, and a few other things.. and loose those extra 30 pounds!
To be honest, I don't even remember what my goals were last year, and I'm sure I didn't achieve them, but this year I'm committed to remember and achieve my goals. I think it's good to make goals, but if we don't have a plan and if we don't do anything, our goal is just another flying car that still doesn't exist.
Elder Ballard said: "I am so thoroughly convinced that if we don't set goals in our life and learn how to master the techniques of living to reach our goals, we can reach a ripe old age and look back on our life only to see that we reached but a small part of our full potencial. When one learns to master the principles of setting a goal, he will then be able to make a great difference in the results he attains in this life". I know the Lord wants us to reach our goals, he didn't put us here to fail, he put us here to triumph gloriously.
Anyways this week was pretty good, yesterday we went walking around for about an hour looking for a ciber, but every single one was closed, so that's why I'm writing you today. Things are going good here in Pabellon. The week of Christmas and New Years are pretty much the hardest weeks to be a missionary during the whole year. Everyone is at the party, out of town, or drunk. But we did manage to find a few people to teach. One of our investigatores is going great. He's called Jose, and if everything goes well, we'll have the first baptism in more than a year and a half here in Pabellon, on the 20th of January. We also have some other great investigatores. Rebeca has gone to church 2 times, and is praying to know that the church is true. Pedro knows the church is true and is reading the Book of Mormon. He even promised us that he's going to get baptized, but first he has to make it out from Rincon to church. And we found another investigator named Miguel this week who accompanied us to church.
I hope everyone has a wonderful week and a happy new year.The secretaries told me today in the district meeting that in the morning they bought my plane ticket, rut roh!
Love Elder Webb
This is the what the bag of gummies looked like when the package came

No comments:

Post a Comment