Tuesday, January 9, 2018

Zoinks, like let's bust outta here Scoobs

Jenkies! I wasn't expecting to receive my Return Travel Plans. I feel like crying but really happy at the same time. And at the same time I'm kind of ready to start with the next part of my life. Everybody here in the branch is doing "bulling" to me. Here in the mission some missionaries and members say to the old missionaries that they are dying, and the other day a family took us to the cemetery to eat lunch, give me a break!
Anyway, this week was pretty intense. On Wednesday Sister Ovalle who is a little old grandma and the missionaries' best friend, took us to visit all her friends in Rincon. She walked at about -5 MPH but was super powerful. Every door that we knocked with here turned into a new investigator. We found like 5 new investigatores with her in 2 hours, it was pretty awesome. Then in the afternoon our ward mission leader accompanied us as well,.. and then, after that we ran out of members, haha.
Pabellon in headed for the good side again, there are a lot of less actives that have been coming out to Church. We also have a lot of promising investigatores. Jose and Rebeca made it out to church again, so hopefully they will be able to get baptized. My goal is that they open the curtains to open the back part of the casa de oraciĆ³n before I go. In the front there's room for about 40 people, and in the back there's room for like 30 or 40 more. And after that they can start planning to build a temple here in Pabellon...
Today we had an exciting zone activity. There was a bar-b-que, and some team games. In case you were wondering, my team totally dominated.
Anyway I wasn't expecting the death of the Prophet, I will miss him. In our fast and testimony meeting a member got up and said, "I know President Thomas S. Monson is the prophet of God." After that someone had to awkwardly tell them that the Prophet passed away. I think there's a lot that we can learn from the life of the Prophet of God. Something I really liked from the movie "On the Lord's Errand" is at the end President Monson is sharing his testimony, and then he says, "and I always want the Lord to know that if he needs an errand run, Tom Monson will run that errand". There is so much we can do to be on the Lord's errand, everyday there are people that are sad, confused, depressed, or maybe that just need to hear a joke, or see your smile. The Prophet also says "One of the sweetest feelings I know, is feeling a prompting, and acting on that prompting to later find out I was the answer to someones pray". I would just like to invite you to think about how you can always be on the Lord's errand, be a friend, be kind, help someone in need, do something good in the world today. I hope everyone has a great week
Love-
Elder Webb
I would send some awesome action shoots but this thing doesnt have a USB port... Well this place was a rip off...

No comments:

Post a Comment