Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Howdy Friends

Howdy friends,
Welp it's been another busy and exciting week. We had interviews with Presidente and finally after like 8 months I had an interview with him, and not his wife, Sister Hernandez. When I walked into the room, he said Elder Webb it's so good to talk to you again.. in person! So that was genial . Govanni and his family made it out to church, and if everything goes well he should be baptized this Saturday, the family Solis is also progressing well, but the parents still have to get married so we'll see what happens, also in these last weeks Luz, and Perla have made it to church too. I feel like to Lord has magnified our efforts, and have been blessed to see a lot of progress.
Today for P-day we played Monopoly with Elder Smith (from the CCM). And it was super rigged, I'm pretty sure the dice were broken because the whole time I landed on 1 property that wasn't already bought, but some how I came in 4th place out of 6. Anyways as school is starting and all that I have a thought. I think a lot of the time the youth and those going back to school get caught up in being cool, and fitting in. A lot of kids waste their time in activities that could be better spent doing something else, and some get confused and even lose their way. I would just like to invite everyone to be an example of the believers, and to stand in holy places. The world gets more sketchy every day, but Christ has said, 'fear not, for I have over come the world'. This week I noticed something interesting here in Zacatecas, this week a bunch of people put up a bunch of invitations on every single light post with a very inappropriate picture. I was surprised to see that only a few days later the inappropriate part had been torn off of almost every invitation, and was glad to know that there are a lot of people that have high standards and a belief in Christ.
I hope we can be a little more Christlike, lets be a little kinder, lets serve a little more, I know that our Lord Jesus Christ is the Savior of the world. He should be the center of our lives, please make it happen, and have a wonderful week.
Love Elder Webb

No comments:

Post a Comment