Tuesday, August 8, 2017

"rr"

Howdy pardners,
This week was pretty good, as usual. We had like 4 meetings so that was pretty intense, every time that Presidente comes to town, there's always a bunch of meetings. If you were wondering how my Spanish is coming along, I finally learned how to do the "rr", after years of practice it finally came out. I made a ground breaking discovery that I needed to move my tonge (lengua ?) more. That was like the last important thing that I needed to learn, so nice, I guess you could say I'm a spanish master, haha just kidding.
So anyways right now Elder Adrian and I are teaching a bunch of people, but the most potentes are the family Soliz, and the family Garcia (Geovanni's family). They've both been progressing very well, and I was glad to see that they both made it out to church this week. Going to church is so important for the investigators.  If they never make it to church they'll never advance, Geovanni is preparing to be baptized on the 26th, and the one family needs to get married, so we'll see what happens.
Later, on Wednesday we had an exciting meeting with Presidente, I feel like since Presidente Hernandez has been here the mission has changed a lot. Every meeting that we have with him we can feel that he's received revelation so that we can make necessary changes that will help to work move along faster. I'm glad for the leaders we have in the church that receive revelation from God and help us see the things that we can't see or perhaps have forgotten.
So here's a fun thought, this week I was learning about light and truth, and I think a lot of times in the church we think "you know, why do I have to keep these little commandments if there's really no noticeable consequence?" For example a lot missionaries think if I don't get up at 6:30 and go to bed at 10:30 nothing's going to happen. But what we don't see is when we don't keep the commandments we loose light, we loose spiritual energy or power. And when we keep the commandments we receive more light and as we obtain more light we come to know more truth, and we are more receptive to receive and understand the truth from God. Not just my opinions or thoughts, but the truth as it has always been and will be. So the next time your going to do something that maybe doesn't have a big consequence think about this. If you don't do what's right your going to loose spiritual power, and if you do whats right you'll be a spiritual monster, and you will come to know the truth of all things by the power of the Holy Ghost.
Welp I hope everyone has a great week.
Love-Elder Webb


No comments:

Post a Comment