Tuesday, March 28, 2017

muu

Howdy y'all,
I hope everyone has had a great week, and has enjoyed this great month of March. Also happy b-day Kendall, big 23, rut roh watch out ladies. Anywho this week was pretty good here in Calvillo, as usual. This week I have been studying a book called Our Heritage a brief history of the church, and it was so good that I read the whole book in one week. There were a lot of things that impressed me, especially the optimism of the early saints. When they headed out on the plains for Utah, they created the hymn Come, Come ye Saints where the last lines say "all is well, all is well" when in fact nothing at all was well. I guess this week I was getting a little down on myself, I feel like in this last month I've been the best missionary that I've been in my whole mission, but at the same time we haven't had as much success as we would have liked, the baptisms haven't been coming.
On Tuesday we went to visit our only investigator Jose that had a baptismal date, for the 8th of April, and he was doing good, but later we visited him on Thursday and there was a tent outside of his house with a few people outside, and the doors were opened so we went inside and there was a coffin with Brother Jose inside, and they were having a viewing service outside. It was so out of the blue and so unexpected, I felt really bad for el Hermano Jose. It was interesting that the last lesson that we taught was the life after this life, and it was just an eye opener that we never know when it's our turn to go.
So after that I was feeling a little sad, for everything that's been happening here, but later I was reading that book. And I realized all is well, all is well here in Calvillo. Perhaps we can't change the Lord's plans and his will, but we can submit ourselves to the will of this Lord like the pioneers, who were constantly being attacked by the picking devil, and persecuters of the church.
You know it's not so important the circumstances of our life but rather the focus of our lives. If we're rooted in the doctrine of Christ, we will always be blessed for out efforts and loyalty to the Lord. And he shall always deliever us from the adversary. So that's pretty much it.
I hope everyone's excited for general conference this week. I was reading something from Elder Ballard and he said that when he had an interview with a radio station the interviewer asked him what was different about the church, and he responded with a question he said if Moses was here on earth would you like to hear what he has to say. The inverviewer responded of course everyone would want to hear. And later Elder Ballard explained that it's the same deal today; a prophet of God has been placed on the earth again. And he has the same power and athourity that Moses had. So I hope that we all listen to God's servent on earth today, when the Prophet speaks the Lord is talking. I hope everyone has an excellent week.
Love-Elder Webb

No comments:

Post a Comment