Monday, August 8, 2016

Cambios

Hola y'all-
Well I guess I start with the exciting news, I've been promoted to assistant body guard to the president's dog!!! Nah just kidding. We had cambios er transfers this morning. Elder Arroyo got the boot and will be heading to san luis potosi to finish the last 6 weeks of his mission. He was super sad yesterday when he found out because he wanted to finish here, but the Lord always knows where we need to be. And as for me, I am still here in Zacatecas with Elder Garcia, he's a little short dude from mexico city er around there, and he has 3 months left in his mission, also he will be our new district leader, and he seems like a great missionary and it looks like we are going to be working hard this transfer, nice! Also yesterday I finished my training so that means will will be leaving the casa at 11:00 instead of 12:00, boo yah! I aint about to lie here, it's a little scary to be directing the area and all that, but at the same time it's exciting and I'm looking forward to it. I guess I feel pretty confident, but there are still a lot of things that I'm not that good at, oh well that's ok.
It's pretty weird today I have 4 months and 2 days since that last day I was lounging around on the couch. That's like a fifth of my mission, which is ridiculous. In other exciting news, we had a pretty good week this week as usual. JuanCarlos is supposed to be baptized this Saturday, he's supposed to call us tonight or tomorow and let us know if his dad was able to sign the papers or not. Esperamos que si.
The other day I was reading this 2 articles in the Liahona, one of the was about applying what we learn into out lives and the other was about our attitude. And I think these are 2 important points we should have in our lives. A lot of our investigators like to read the book of mormon but they never do anything with it, they never apply it. And really this is a crucial point, we can read all we want but it we never use what we learn it serves us nothing. Then we have a lot of investigators that have a bad attitude. They are always looking at all the bad things that happen in their lives, and can never see that good, this is another crucial point, really we can control how we see things, everyone knows that at some point something bad is going to happen to them, but that we do with it and how we see it can change everything. The Lord is all around us, the sad, poor. hunger stricken, depressed people of Mexico have an abundance of blessings, and for y'all in Utah reading this on your ipad 7 plus with laser vision 3d printing well, you guys are loaded. The Lord really loves you and wants your success and happiness, and he wants you to share what you have learned and what you have with those in need. I hope everyone has a great week
Love
Elder Webb

No comments:

Post a Comment