Monday, October 9, 2017

Puro trabajo

Howdy amigos,
This week was pretty good, actually this week was 100% work, which has been great. This week we had a few youth who are preparing to go on mission accompany us, and also a few return missionaries. It was funny to see the difference between the two. Those who were preparing to go on a mission were super nervous in the lessons and didn't know what to share, and the return missionaries were cool and confident, full of the Spirit. It reminded me of when I was preparing to go on a mission, I wish I would have learned more things, and spent more time serving others and sharing the gospel. Serving a mission is tough stuff, but it's also an incredible learning experience.
Anyway, we spent most of the week searching for new people to teach, and we were able to find a lot of interesting people. On Tuesday I think, we found and went to visit a man named Fransisco who had listened to the missionaries more than 10 years ago. He told us that he had a testimony of the Book of Mormon and that he knew that it was true, but because of his work he never got the chance to be baptized, and he didn't understand what it truly meant to have a testimony of the Book of Mormon. Later in the week we found another family who had learned a little about the church and the Book of Mormon. They told us that they are Catholics forever, and are never going to change their religion. We also focused on the Book of Mormon and they told us they never read it to know if it is true.
I was thinking in our own lives and in the lives of everyone, it's so important to have a testimony of the Book of Mormon. If someone has a testimony of the Book of Mormon and if they really know what it means to have a testimony, then they know which way to go. I really liked the talks in general conference about President Monson's talk about the Book of Mormon, and was impressed to see our leaders going above and beyond with this challenge. I've tried to read the Book of Mormon every day in my mission, and I've seen great blessing as I've read it. I was reading my mission setting apart blessing, and in the blessing it says that I'll be blessed with a great love for the Book of Mormon, and it's true, I do indeed love the Book of Mormon, and I know that we receive great strength and knowledge as we read it everyday. I testify that the church of Jesus Christ has been restored, Joseph Smith was indeed a prophet of God, he restored all the truths of the Gospel of Jesus Christ, and God's priesthood authority that we need to be able to return to live with God, and by that same authority he translated the Book of Mormon. I know that President Monson is God's chosen prophet today and that he guides the church under the direction of Jesus Christ. I promise that if we live the Gospel and keep the commandments we will find great joy in this life, and we will return to live with out Heavenly Father, and receive all of his promised blessings. In the name of Jesus Christ. amen

No comments:

Post a Comment