Monday, October 23, 2017

Holy Crioles

Welp, another exciting week in the mission has already passed by, zoinks! This week was actually pretty busy. When Presidente comes to town the week is always busy. This week we had our, always exciting, interviews. Usually Presidente teaches us something about the daily planner, or preach my gospel or something like that, but this time he gathered the whole zone together, and told us that if we needed to confess something now was the time to do it, and then he said he wasn't going to send anyone home. I'm pretty sure like half the mission came out crying. But ya, those were pretty good.
We also had exchanges this week, I stayed here with Elder Duran from Fresnos, and my companion went with Elder Hernandez. I always enjoy a good old exchange. It's nice to be with a different missionary and to be able to learn from them and see what things they're doing. We also went out for tacos afterwards but thanks to the evil one, everyone got sick and my companion was dying in his bed for about a day. After that we had an exciting leadership meeting. And after that there was a multizone leadership meeting by president, but pretty much the sister training leaders just ended up talking a bunch, and Presidente hardly got the chance to talk, oh brother.  Nah just kidding, I'm sure it was inspired and was what we needed. Today for P-day the sister training leaders wanted to play basketball, so we played basketball, and you'll be happy to know that all of my basketball skills have gone out the window. It was a sad sight seen by all.
So this week I've been thinking of a phrase that I heard from I don't know where. "It's better to offend man than to offend God" I think we could avoid a bunch of dumb mistakes if we remember that. Especially in the mission, I've noticed that a bunch of missionaries are afraid to "tell on their companions" or to say no, because they're more worried about what their companion is going to say or think than what the Lord thinks. And I think a lot of the time we get worried about living the gospel or trying to share it with others because we are worried about what the other people will think. If we could put off the natural man, and stop thinking about ourselves and about what other people think, and instead start to think about what God thinks, I think it would be a lot easier to have a clear perspective about life and to make good decisions. So I hope we can remember that and have a great week!
Love elder webb
Ah man I forgot my camera again

No comments:

Post a Comment