Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Feliz Navidad and 2017

Zoinks, it's already 2017. When the 7 turns to an 8 I'm gonna start getting worried. I remember back in the good old days in 2016 when a wee little old missionary Elder Webb was starting his mission service. Now he has 9 months and the sisters from his generation are half way through. I have to say the last year was pretty good...
And the last week too. The Mexicanos are kind of nuts when it comes the festivities. Lemme just tell you New Years eve was crazy. On the 31st of December, all the missionaries had to return home at 6, or have a member take them how at 9 if they were invited to a shin dig, Luckly for us the Hermana Rosa invited all the missionaries in our district over for a shin dig. It was pretty intense. Elder Garay (featured in last weeks letter(also known as big foot)) ate like 12 tacos, I had 4. Then after that we headed on home, and by that time all the cholos had shown up and all the fiestas were in full swing (perdon my English, that's probably not right but it sounded good to me)
I don't know about you but I like to start off the year right, so I headed to bed, at exactly 12. I'm pretty sure Mexico exploded, and the worst part is that there was a fiesta directly behind our house with the music cranked up all the way. They played music until 9am the next day. Needless to say I didn't sleep very good. The next day we headed to church and it was a mess. There was a ton of garbage in the streets, garbage everywhere in the whole area, drunk dudes everywhere, and a bunch of people that started the year off the wrong way. At church 2 investigators showed up-Jesus who has 18 years and is fighting with a drug addiction and his wife (and their baby). We are fighting for a baptism for the last day of the transfer the 14th with Michell.
I hope everyone has a great week, and that everyone has a wonderful new year. I know that if we follow the gospel, repent of our sins, and do the things that we know we should, we'll have a great year.
Love Elder Webb



No comments:

Post a Comment