Tuesday, November 8, 2016

November

Well, I guess I'll start with a spiritual thought. As a mission we've been studying the plan of salvation and I've been studying the atonement a lot. For you all, what does the atonement mean for you? Do we use the atonement everyday? Do we really understand the Savior's sacrifice for us and all it means in God's plan. Because I sure don't, but there's a scripture I like.
In Alma 7:11-12 it says "And he shall go forth suffering pains and afflictions and temptations of every kind, and this that the word might be fulfilled which saith he will take upon him the pains and the sicknesses of his people. 12 And he will take upon him death, that he may loose the bands of death which bind his people, and he will take upon him their infirmities that his bowels may be filled with mercy, according to the flesh, that he may know according to the flesh how to succor his people according to their infirmities."
 I really like this scripture because it says alot of things that are really important, but what I like most about it is that Christ suffered everything for us, everything. And my invitation is that we can use the atonement in our lives everyday, for the good times, the bad times, the glad times, and the sad times. There's always something and we can always use the power of the atonement to better our situation.
Anywho, this was a pretty good week. It's always a good week, only things have dried up a little bit, we always have people to teach but not to many are progressing, It's kind of a bummer in my mission people have always showed up to church except for this week and the last. But it's ok.
Here in Mexico the 31st is Halloween and 2nd I think is the Day of the Dead. I thought there would be a lot of fiestas and what not, but it was pretty mellow for the Day of the Dead. Pretty much all they do is a few people create an alter with a bunch of memories and what not of one of their family members that have passed away. And later they go and visit the cemetery. I guess it's kinda like Memorial day. But the day after we saw a bunch of apostasy. Here in Mexicio some people like to worship the santa muerte or in other words satan. So at like 8 at night we were strolling to town going to visit a few people and we saw this display case with a bunch of people crowded around it with a bunch of statues of the santa muerte, and then about a block away there was another display case with a bunch of statues of the virgin maria. Apostasy everywhere! Pretty much all I saw was a bunch of wickedness. All these people crowded around the santa muerte were preparing for a dance, and all the nuns crowded around the virgin were chanting some spell or who knows what. All I have to say is that we quickly evaded the situation.
Also mom the pants arrived this week, muchas gracias. thanks to everyone for all your support, I feel very blessed to have an awesome family and friends. I hope everyone has a great week!
Love Elder Webb

Also, the computer thingy doesn't work so no photos, sorry



No comments:

Post a Comment