Monday, September 19, 2016

Have I done any good in the world today?

Hello my beloved brothers and sisters,
I guess I'll start out with today. Today was another exciting p-day. So this morning we decided to clean the apartment. I don't know what the deal is but every house I've visited that's occupied by missionaries is always disgusting. But this morning, er actually yesterday, we decided that that needs to change. The worst part was by far the kitchen. I dunno what happened but some other Elder was cooking up some stew or something and everything exploded er something like that, because since that first day I've been here, there's been this mystery orange sticky stuff on the walls, but not anymore heh heh,. Now the house is all fresh to def and I can breath again.
After that we did the laundry, by hand. That's right by hand, let me just say it took like 3 hours and my hands still feel like prunes. Ya, I'm pretty much roughin it, but now everything is all clean, I like living in a clean environment, after all cleanliness is next to Godliness.
Anywho, the rest of the week was pretty good, everything just flew by. On Saturday 16 de Septiembre was Independence day here in Mexico, which basically means another excuse to whip out the booz. Every booz buster always tries to talk to me in English, shameful. Nah but I felt pretty patriotic. I bought this mustache to wear to a fiesta that the church was throwing, but sadly our investigator bailed out on us last second. Luckily there's always next year. In other exciting news I also came down with a mystery sickness. On Tuesday I think we ate in the boonies, it was sketchy. The food was pretty good,but I'm not sure the living conditions were well livable. Plus it was all windy and she had a bunch of cats so my allergies kicked in. I had this mystery stomach/head ache and a soar throat/runny nose for like 3 days, but I was healthy enough to work, I feel blessed I haven't really gotten sick out here.
Anyways quick thought, I really like the song..." Have I done any good in the world today, have I helped anyone in need, have I cheered up the sad or made someone feel glad, if not I have failed in deed." I think a lot of the time we get caught up in ourselves. We are always looking for how we can help ourselves and often times forget to notice those around us. I would just invite y'all to wake up and do something more then dream of your mansion above. There's always someone that needs help and there's always something we can do. So wake up and do something more. "Doing good is a pleasure a joy beyond measure, a blessing of duty and love".
Welp have a fabulous week
Love Elder Webb
Aw man the photo thingy doesn't work again

No comments:

Post a Comment