Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Hola Amigos

Hola Amigos,
You know I ain't about to lie, this week was pretty boring. We had like 4 meetings this week because Presidente is trying to get everything in ship shape for the arrival of President Hernandez. So pretty much we didn't have any time. I just wanna work man, none of this meeting nonsense. In the 7 weeks that I've been here that's pretty much been the story of my mission, there's never enough time to do anything because someone is always having a yap fest.
Speaking of yap fests, in out exciting district meeting we now have 2 other elders and a new hermana, like new new. And it's the first person that I've meet in Mexico that I speak better Spanish than. Nice, looks like el don de languas is kicking in. Anyways this week was pretty good, I guess. We now have a whopping 6 investigators with baptismal dates, boo yah. The other day we were strolling the streets when this guy came up to us who I guess was an investigator like 2 years ago and invited us to teach him, so of course we went and taught him and the fam also, and they were all super interested and all of this. And then we have Veronica Puch, and Esperanza Cruz.
This week was pretty normal, the only weird thing I saw this week was a 3 or 4 year old with a mustache while we were on the bus. Anyway, the other day I was reading in Helaman and I found this scripture about trials, and for me I had always understood that we have trials so the Lord can strengthen us and make us better people, which is true, but this scripture in Helaman 12:3 says (if you wanna see how good my Spanish is read it in English because I only have my Spanish scriptures) "And now we see that except the Lord doth punish his people with many afflictions, yea, except that he doth visit them with death and with terror, and with hunger and with all manner of pestilence, they will not remember him." I had never really thought of that before, you know, why do nations starve, why do we have terrible wars, why are there so many problems in the world. And like this scripture says it's because if we don't have these things, we will not remember him. And it's true we can see it so clearly in the Book of Mormon, when the people begin to become unrighteous, the Lord sends them a war, or a famine, or the picking Gadianton robbers, and during their afflictions they realize it's hard and they can't do it alone, and they remember the Lord and begin to be righteous again. Which leads me to another thought, obviously for every action there's a consequence and for every mistake of sin there is a punishment, and as we can see here in the Book of Mormon our consequences or punishments are secretly disguised as consequences or punishments but are actually blessings. Everything God does is because he loves us, he wants us to be happy and when we follow him we can experience true, real happiness in this life and in the life to come. Anyways I hope everyone has a great week.

Love-

Elder Webb


Nature/Action Shot

No comments:

Post a Comment