Sunday, April 24, 2016

Lightning

Hola todos,
Sorry for not writing Wednesday, they switched our P Day to Friday because we had to get some visa stuff done. We got to check out Mexico City again, it´s a super cool city, I got some awesome action shots, my mission is gonna be awesome, but I wouldn´t mind serving here too. Ya so I´ve been here for over 3 weeks now so apparently I'm a senior missionary here, woo hoo. It's pretty much the same deal every day, except now we have 2 "investigators", we also had TRC on Saturday which is where someone who doesn´t work at the MTC come in a volunteer to be taught. It was awful, the guy we had was like 17 and in High School and spoke crazy fast with some mystery accent, it was like Mexican Chinese and he was already a member and everything, so we basically threw our lesson plan out the window and just talked to him about about reading the scriptures and praying. But we had a great lesson yesterday and committed our investigator to basically everything. Haza! Also for one of our lessons we were outside teaching underneath a palm tree and some ridiculous parrot decided it would be a good idea to use me as the bathroom, twice! Speaking of twice... I think the rainy season is starting here, on Tuesday it was raining like crazy so me and my district were just standing outside underneath like the overhang or whatever checking out the rain and what not when all of the sudden KABWAMOOH like 20 feet away a light post got struck and the top exploded, I´ve never seen anything so powerful it was so loud and so bright it was nuts. Then on Wednesday, the next day, I was just sitting in class reading my book, becoming a Spanish master when BOOM another lamp post like 50 feet away got stuck. I got pretty wet those two days, I would have used my umbrella but I decided it would be a better idea to not carry around a lightning rod. We had one of those funny moments where someone mixes up the words in spanish, so one of the heamanas was blessing the fish for dinner and she said por favor bendice nuestro pecado, well fish in spanish as I'm sure everyone knows is pescado, pecado in spanish is sin, so she said please bless our sin, it was funny. Anyways, A man once asked Jesus, "Which is the great commandment in the law?" Jesus replied: "Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all they mind. This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like unto it, thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself." It sounds like everyone has had a great week, and I hope everyone will have another great week this week.
Love,
Elder Webb





No comments:

Post a Comment