Tuesday, December 12, 2017

T-minus 3

Sorry for not writing last week. All of Pabellon wanted to be baptized so we were in the baptismal font for the whole day, nah just kidding. We went to Aguascalientes for a district activity and we got back late, and then there was no time to write. Also just so you know the assistientes informed me that I'm going to train a new missionary for my last 2 transfers, and the new missionaries arrive next Monday so next week if I don't write Monday, I'll write Tuesday.
Anyway, if you're wondering how I've been doing I would describe this last week with these words: Nippy, freezing, super cold, my toes are falling off. I don't know what happened but Mexico or at least Pabellon has been nippyfied, it's probably like 50 degrees but man I don't remember it being so cold last year, and the bad part is that no one has heaters here. So the temperature outside is the same temperature inside. Other than that everything's been great. We haven't done much because 2 weeks ago my companion had to go to the hospital to get his foot checked out, and once again the doctor had no idea what he had. But his knee was also starting to hurt, so he was sent to rest for about a week and a half, but now he feels much better, and is all ready to go. Good old Elder Rosell he's been a great companion and I'll be sad to see him go.
I can't believe it's already Christmas time. I remember last Christmas I was with Elder Hernandez, and I said when it's Christmas next year that's when I'll start to worry about going home, because you'll be going home. Now Elder Hernandez goes home this next Monday and it's crazy. But you'll be happy to know that I don't feel worried. This year I've been reflecting on past Christmas'. I've been remembering family traditions, fun activities that we did, door bell ditching the neighbor's to leave them something for 12 days of Christmas, and other good times. But I've also been thinking, how would Jesus Christ celebrate his birthday? Instead of getting up at 4 in the morning to open the presents or going to a shindig I'm sure Christ would be delivering presents to others, helping the sick and the needy, ministering to the hungry and poor. It's sad to see so many people here in my area who won't receive anything for Christmas, and I wish there was something I could do for them. I hope this Christmas we can remember the true meaning of Christmas, celebrating Christ's birthday the was he would. Matthew 25:40-Verily I say unto you, inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me." I hope everyone has a great week
Love Elder Webb
Oh ya, this candle lit our house for 2 weeks because we didn't have electricity

No comments:

Post a Comment